Premium Macadamia Nuts Raw Food Quality Organic, 75g
The shelled organic macadamia nuts are about the size of a marble and have a rich, sweet, delicate, buttery flavor enjoyed in both desserts and savory dishes. Raw Food Quality!
Health Benefits of Organic Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts are loved by many for their buttery taste and crisp, light texture. What you may not know is that macadamias have a lot more going for them than their deliciousness; these nuts are loaded with healthy nutrients.
1. Macadamia nuts are high in monounsaturated fatty acid ("good" fat), which can help reduce overall cholesterol levels. Eighty percent of fat in macadamia oil is monounsaturated - six percentage points higher than olive oil, which checks in at 74 percent.
2. Macadamias contain flavenoids (a phytochemical) and tocopherols (vitamin E), which are potent antioxidants and can help protect against cancer and heart disease.
3. Unsalted macadamia nuts contain no cholesterol and are low in sodium and saturated fats.
4. Macadamias contain vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and iron.
5. The macadamia nut is one of the few foods that contain palmitoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid. In a recent study, indicators suggest the palmitoleic acid may actually aid in fat metabolism, possibly reducing stored body fat.
6. Macadamia nut oil contains Omega 3, known to reduce the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure.
100% Organic Macadamia Nuts
Nutritional values per 100 g
||3037 kJ / 734 kcal
|- Saturated Fat
|- of which sugar