Tiger Nut (Chufas) Raw Food Quality Organic, 250g
A lot of people eat the tiger-nut without knowing the health benefits.
Chufa is a grass-like plant of the Trans-Saharan Island. It has cylindrical tubers of several species of black, brown and gold of 20 inches in height, lance-shaped leaves small spikes of green flowers. It is a native of the Mediterranean region and widely used in Spain where it is call “HORCHATA” and mostly used as juice to enhance the intestines.
Today, chufa is widely used all over Africa, the tuber called ‘nut’ is unearthed in winter and summer.. Chufa is rich in fibre, has 20-30 per cent tiger-nut oil which is nourishing to the epidermis, nullifies hard-knots in the stomach and acts as a coolant to hot flushes associated with premature menopause. The high fibre content of the chufa makes it a wonderful colon evacuator and cleanser.
Tiger Nut Health Benefits:
1. Tigernuts’ high content in fiber keeps your whole body healthy
2. Tigernut milk (also known as Horchata de Chufas) is a great substitute for cow’s milk
3. Tigernuts are a solid source of magnesium
4. Tigernuts can help control your blood pressure
5. Tigernuts may help protect you from cancer and cardiovascular disease
6. Tigernuts give you a potassium boost
7. Tigernuts are a good non-meat source of protein
8. Tigernut milk can help control diabetes
9. Tigernut rivals olive oil for “heart healthy” oils
10. Tiger nuts Can Help Fight Malnutrition in Under-developed Nations
100% Organic Tigernut from controlled farming
May contain traces of sesam, lupine and nuts
Nutritional values per 100g
||1881 kJ / 451 kcal
|- Saturated Fat
|- of which sugar