Explanation of the labels
The manufacture and/or development of the product, and where applicable its ingredients, must not involve, or have involved, the use of any animal product, by-product or derivative.
The development and/or manufacture of the product, and where applicable its ingredients, must not involve, or have involved, testing of any sort on animals conducted at the initiative of the manufacturer or on its behalf, or by parties over whom the manufacturer has effective control.
The development and/or production of genetically modified organisms (GMO) must not have involved animal genes or animal-derived substances. Products put forward for registration which contain or may contain any GMOs must be labelled as such.
V-Label of the European Vegetarian Union
General Vegan Label
Raw Food Quality
Active and harmonious shape the natural processes Demeter farmers engage actively, but in harmony with the natural processes. Use preparations that lead in homeopathic dosage to impressive improvements in the soil and in plants. They shape the landscape, so the important beneficial organisms such as bees find suitable living conditions.
Here, the Demeter farmers based on "Agriculture Course", the Rudolf Steiner has argued at Pentecost 1924 in Koberwitz. From the wealth of suggestions and hints biodynamic agriculture has since successfully practiced worldwide and developed.
Swiss Bud (Knospe)
- Natural diversity on the organic farm
- No use of chemically synthesized pesticides or fertilizers
- No use of genetic engineering
- No use of unnecessary additives such as flavourings and colourings
- Non-aggressive processing of foodstuffs
- Inspection of organic production and processing
German Organic Label
CH-Bio / EU-Bio
The organic logo guarantees that amongst others...
- The production respects nature.
- The products are produced in a sustainable way.
- Genetically modified organisms are not allowed in organic agriculture.
- For food, there are strict limitations to the use of chemical pesticides and fertilisers, antibiotics
- Organic agriculture strictly limits the use of food additives and processing aids and other inputs.
- Each and every time you buy an organic product from your supermarket, or choose an organic wine at your favourite restaurant, you can be sure they were produced according to strict rules aimed at respecting the environment and animal welfare.
Gluten Free (Certified)
At fabulous we make the following difference:
1) With label: This is a controlled gluten-free product.
2) Without a label - but with the tag "gluten-free"
This is a gluten-free product. However, the product may contain traces of gluten and is absolutely not suitable for people with celiac disease.
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Soft manufacturing processes
- Environmentally friendly practices
- Also NaTrue Products contain:
- No synthetic fragrances and colours
- No petroleum derived products (Parafines, PEG, -propyl-, -alkyl-, etc.)
- No silicone oils and derivatives
- No genetically modified ingredients (complying with EU organic regulation)
- No irradiation of end product and botanical ingredients
- Products must not be tested on animals
Renewable and biodegradable materials are preferred because their ecological impact is substantially lower, especially when they come from controlled biological sources or other responsible means using natural resources. With natural ingredients, one deals with substances that have been used and studied for ages, so there is a minimal toxicity potential. Natural products most easily fulfill the requirement of accountability and socially responsible production.
The use of ingredients derived from renewable resources, manufactured by environmentally friendly processes. Ecocert therefore checks:
- The absence of GMOs, parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them: milk, honey, etc.).
- The biodegradable or recyclable nature of packaging.
Consequently ingredients and manufacturing methods of Ecogarantie products have to meet a number of criteria: DurabilitySafetyEnvironmentControl, The prohibition of testing of end products on animals.
CCF - Choose Cruelty Free
Derived from an animal killed specifically for the extraction of that ingredient;
Forcibly extracted from a live animal in a manner that occasioned pain or discomfort;
Derived from any wildlife;
That are by-products of the fur industry; or
That are slaughterhouse by-products (meaning the animal was not killed specifically for the ingredient, but that the ingredient was available due to the animal being killed for other purposes).
Derived in a way that results in the death of that animal or insect either directly or indirectly
Derived from fish or crustaceans
Animal derived ingredients that are currently accepted are: » Honey, beeswax & propolis » Lanolin » Milk products
The following conditions now need to be met for a product or service to be considered Swiss and therefore designated as such:
- Natural products (plants, mineral water, meat, etc.). Provenance is defined according to a single variable criterion depending on the product (e.g. the place of harvest for plant products).
- Foodstuffs. At least 80% of the raw materials used must come from Switzerland. For milk and dairy products, 100% of the milk must be taken into account. In addition, the processing stage which confers on the product its essential characteristics (e.g. the processing of milk into cheese) must be carried out in Switzerland. There are some exceptions, notably for natural products which cannot be produced in Switzerland because of natural conditions (e.g. Cacao) or which are not available in sufficient quantity.
- Other products, particularly industrial products. At least 60% of the cost price (including R&D costs) must be realized in Switzerland. The stage which confers on the product its essential characteristics takes place in Switzerland. There are exceptions here too: it is possible to exclude – under certain conditions – raw materials and semi-finished products which do not exist in Switzerland.
- Services. The company's registered office must be in Switzerland and the company must actually be run from Switzerland.
Need we say anymore? The World According to Monsanto GMO Documentary